Thursday, January 24, 2008

Spurgeon and other things that made me think


"What are we, my brethren, and what is our father's house? What if ten thousand of us should fall merely to fill a ditch for him to march over? What if he took the whole of us, and crushed us to the dust, if he were lifted an inch higher, it were none too costly a sacrifice for such an One as he is, who has redeemed us unto God by his precious blood." C.H. Spurgeon-December 7, 1911

I was reading in a book "The Unquenchable Worshiper" by Matt Redman about worship the other day and he was relating the story of Fanny Crosby, a singer who was blinded when she was a baby. Someone once asked her if she ever wished she had not been blinded and her response really affected me, "Well, the good thing about being blind is that the very first face I'll see will be the face of Jesus"

I was talking with my dad about what Fanny Crosby said and he mentioned that if we have that kind of attitude about everything in our lives...it won't be trajedy after trajedy it will be joy after joy and excitement after excitement. Saying, "Okay Lord, I don't know why......happened but what do you want me to do with that...how do you want me to respond?" Makes it all seem so different. Sometimes it takes a different perspective to show you how you should be thinking. All I can say is wow...something to chew on for a while.

No comments: