Sunday, January 20, 2008

Thoughts during worship


We were singing PERFECT LAMB OF GOD by Adam Saks this morning...and the theme was talking about God's mercy in that he took our sins and became dirty so that we could be clean. And God put this scripture on my heart:
John 18:37 - 'Then Pilate said to him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world-to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice."'

I was like WOW...and I wasn't able to get to the mic before worship ended but I really felt that someone, somewhere isn't listening. I don't know if it's because they don't wantto hear or don't know how to hear...but they aren't listening.
Later on in chapter 20:29 Jesus is talking to Thomas after the resurrection and says: 'Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed"'

And I was thinking...because I'm not sure if this is for someone specific or if its for me..."am I hearing...am I listening?" something interesting to think about for myself...to evaluate...there is a line from a song by the Isaacs called Stand Still - "Stand still, and let God move...standing still is hard to do, when you feel you have reached the end He'll make a way for you...stand still and let God move." It's hard to hear God in the hustle and bustle of life. It's something I need to practice more often. Just waiting in the quiet to hear from God.

No comments: