Thursday, March 6, 2008

Anxious

Lately I've been thinking about the grace of God evident in my life. Things that happened long ago are being revealed day by day as God's grace. I constantly have to remind myself that God knows what He's doing and He knows that I'm going through something tough or that I'm celebrating an answered prayer. One thing I struggle with a lot is being anxious. My dad said the other day that by the time I admit that I'm afraid or fearful of something, its gotten to the point where I'm anxious about it or worry about it whenever I think about it.

This Saturday I have to take a practice SAT...yes its a practice and therefore not as big of a deal as the real thing but its a test and the phrase 'SAT' strikes "fear" into my heart. Its a test...I don't like tests...and its a big test too. I don't want to disapoint my parents or myself by not doing well and I fear the thought that I might not finish my essay in time or that I would completely flub up the math and science portions of the test. I know that God will be with me while I'm taking the test but for some reason that thought isn't all that comforting...but why is that? The Bible talks a lot about being anxious and how its quite silly to worry because not even the birds worry because they know that God is taking care of them...so why is anxiety such a big problem for us? It doesn't make any sense! So thats something I've got to work on...that and remembering how to solve for X and the chemical formula for sodium :P
Night yall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally know you feel.!! Just take it slowly everything will be good.. I promise..: )