Sunday, March 30, 2008

Send-Off Sunday

Today was Send-off Sunday. We sent off over 160 people to plant a church...Grace Community Church that is. It was really hard to see lifelong friends up there today and know that I won't get to see them as often but it was neat to think that they are a part of something bigger...the spread of the gospel. It was pretty hard for me...seeing everyone who is leaving. I think its really cool the sacrifices these folks are making for the spread of the gospel. It will be really neat to watch Grace Community Church grow through the years just as CrossWay has. So today has been filled with great joy and sadness. Seeing my friends leave is sad but knowing that the gospel is advancing and spreading is exciting and something to be joyful about! I'll miss my friends but as Mr. Connolly said, "Mission requires sacrifice...for those going and those staying and everything is worth it for the gospel" I appreciate what these guys are giving up to go. Who knows what the future will bring but through it all praise God! I'm excited to see what God's going to do.

No comments: