Friday, September 19, 2008

adjusting

I suppose this is becoming a trend with me but it seems as if the only time that seems right to put my thoughts down is in the quiet of the night. I've just been thinking about the changes in my life.

Maybe its just the fact that I have a job or I'm in college or maybe that I have to deal with people every day...I'm starting to see a difference in the people I'm around. I'm starting to see immaturity in a new light, and I'm noticing it in myself a lot more. I'm noticing just how much I complain and how childish I seem at times. It's something I'm trying to work on more and more, cultivating that heart for the home and a heart for God. I'm so excited to be in Mission 28 because the focus is so much on evangelism. I'm in a situation every day where I can share the gospel with people and I really hope that this semester I can reach out to a few people. Especially the few non-Christians at my job(I know I'm not the only one there who is trying to reach out...and that helps when you have back-up lol!)

It seems like now with my life being so busy, I'm drifting apart from the friends I consider the closest. Sundays seem farther and farther apart and I'm finding myself feeling out of place and awkward around the friends that I love the most. It makes me sad that I spend more time with classmates and co-workers than I do my friends from church. I feel like I don't quite fit in with any of my friends anymore...like the only people I fit in with anymore are the people I see every day at work or at school(and as a Christian, I still don't fit in with a bunch of them! lol...but then again thats the way it should be). Its hard for me when things change...but God knows what he's doing and I have to rest in that!!!



Stained Glass Masquerade - Casting Crowns


Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feelin’ so small
Cause when I take a look around
Everybody seems so strong
I know they’ll soon discover
That I don’t belong
So I tuck it all away, like everything’s okay
If I make them all believe it, maybe I’ll believe it too
So with a painted grin, I play the part again
So everyone will see me the way that I see them


*Chorus*

Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation’s open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade



Is there anyone who’s been there
Are there any hands to raise
Am I the only one who’s traded
In the altar for a stage
The performance is convincing
And we know every line by heart
Only when no one is watching
Can we really fall apart
But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be
Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay


Chorus x2
Tell if the invitation’s open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade
Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feelin’ so small

2 comments:

Anna said...

wow Chelsey ... and I thought it was just me. These thoughts must be common at this time of life. I've been learning more that Jesus is a wonderful friend. =)

Boiler Girl said...

That is amazing for you to make those realizations when you are just entering the realm of adulthood. Don't worry though, I still struggle with immaturaties, and I'm WAY older. :)
The friendships are harder when you are older because there are more and more things in life that need your attention. You just have to utilize what time you do have free to get some good friend time in, and we're still working on that one, too! :) Love you girl!