Friday, December 12, 2008

I needed to post

Well, got home from work...and haven't been able to go to sleep (for once in my life i'm not doing homework!) and I felt the strong need to post...about what, I have yet to figure out. So forgive me for possibly wasting your time :)
I've been doing some thinking lately...about change. This semester I feel like I've changed the most and my surroundings/circumstance has changed the most it ever has.
  • This time last year I was taking 2 classes (both fairly easy), enjoying my time with my deaf friends, procrastinating in my homeschool work, and basically doing nothing, sometimes babysitting for various families.
  • This year: taking 4 (mostly difficult) classes(every day), working 36-43 hours a week (now not much fun at all...some of you know details), doing homework until all hours of the night, still babysitting some for various families, and loving loving loving mission28!
quite different!
This time last year I never would have dreamed I would be working at Chick-fil-A, taking a full course load or doing anything i'm doing right now. I wonder what I'll be doing this time next year, or even next semester, or even next week. The only thing that stays the same is change, "change is here to stay" though it's often hard to adjust to, it's necessary to do so in order to grow and mature. (although sometimes I really dont' want to grow up...I know I have to!) It's hard for me to adjust to change because I don't have a lot of patience...I like it when I can understand or adapt to things the first try...and when that doesn't happen I tend to get frustrated. A very wise man named James told me this "Things that are urgent are seldom important, things that are important are seldom urgent" in following with the theory that anything worth doing is worth taking the time to do well. Anyway, the world is changing whether we like it or not, but no matter how many changes (good or bad) we must endure, God is in control and He knows what he's doing, therefore we can be at peace. Praise God!
Thats all for now :P

No comments: