Friday, March 27, 2009

...

So yeah, I finally have time to post lol! (well not really, but I'm making time!) Life has been SO crazy lately and its been hard to find a moment to breathe!

I was talking to my dad last night on the way home about the latest paper assignment in English which is the Rogerian argument...basically in the Rogerian argument goes like this:

I. State the oppositions point of view
II. The oppositions best argument and any situations in which you agree
III. HOWEVER: State your sides point of view
IV. Your sides best argument and any situations/stories
V. Compromise - things you will allow the opposition and things you cannot give up.

My English teacher was explaining this argument and kinda stopped and was like "next time you're involved in a verbal argument, try this form and see what happens, its REALLY HARD!"

So basically you would be like "so what you're telling me is...........................and here is why you are right.....................however, this is my perspective.....................and here is why..................so a good compromise would be......................" hahah!

So my dad kinda laughed at me and was like there is a biblical reference to that! So I went to BibleGateway.com and found the verse he was talking about:

"Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison." ~ Matthew 5:25 KJV
"Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison."
~ Matthew 5:25 ESV

So that was quite amusing

anyway, I'm off to get ready for work...

No comments: