Tuesday, March 31, 2009

reflection

So anyway, I was thinking about the grace of God in my life this morning and I was kind of looking back to see evidences of God's grace...I didn't have to look very far to find struggles and trials that I never thought I would make it through but I did! and only because of God's grace! I honestly think that a lot of those trials happen when I'm at my job...and some last longer than others.

Just last night, we were about three people short so everyone was extremely tired...after closing, I was put in the dining room to help Berto clean up...while four people stayed up front to clean. I noticed however about 10:15 that all the people up front had already clocked out and left...leaving their jobs unfinished. (This happens every once in a while) So i became very upset thinking "why me?" and grumbling and complaining while I not only finished my job but I had to go and finish the jobs of four other people by myself. I was finding everything I could to complain about, from the people I work with, to my leg muscles cramping, to my feet hurting, to being tired, to having a ton of homework, to anything else I could think of. Pretty much if you'd heard me, you would have thought my life was miserable and I was just so unhappy with life.

BUT, by the grace of God...the manager on duty, realized what had happened when he saw me cleaning up the front and thanked me for finishing what they had not done...and that he would talk to them later on. It was a trying day from the start but by the end of it, I realized that the trial itself didn't matter, as long as I leaned on the strength of God whose strength is made perfect in our weaknesses.
Each time, I'm struggling, I feel like the world is coming to an end, and I don't know what to do or where to turn or who to talk to...I try to rely on myself to work it out and to get myself through it, and end up stressed and worried and anxious and scared and half the time I end up in tears...but even in those times, God's grace is sufficient for me in His timing and He is always there for me when I fall (which is a lot because I'm super clumsy...but all the better for my faith) I've gone through and experienced a lot through my job (the world is no longer the place I thought it was when I was a kid =P) and in dealing with certain people and circumstances, I've learned how important it is to just trust that God will work it all out. God's grace is so amazing!
Grace Unmeasured by Bob Kauflin

Grace unmeasured, vast and free
That knew me from eternity
That called me out before my birth
To bring you glory on this earth
Grace amazing, pure and deep
That saw me in my misery
That took my curse and owned my blame
So I could bear your matchless Name

Grace, grace, grace, paid for my sins
And brought me to life
Grace, grace, grace, clothes me with power
To do what is right
Grace, grace, grace will lead me to heav'n
Where I'll see your face
And never cease to thank you for your grace

Grace abounding, strong and true
That makes me long to be like you
That turns me from my selfish pride
To love the cross on which you died
Grace unending all my days
You give me strength to run this race
And when my years on earth are through
The praise will all belong to you

No comments: