Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's been a while...

SO....it's been a long time! I hardly know where to begin so much has happened lately! (so as a warning this may be a long post)

To start off...let me go back to April...April 26th to be exact...it was a Sunday. We got the call that morning that my grandma had passed away. She was a month away from her 96th birthday. Ruth Pauline Fouch Miracle 1913-2009. (Grandma and Me)
Also on April 26th...that evening I was inducted into the Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society for Two Year Colleges - Phi Lambda Chapter...YAHOO! (yes I'm a nerd...but it's okay)Now, fast forward to May 7th...my last day of the semester...had 2 final exams...Sociology(Marriage and Families) and Biology(Human Anatomy and Physiology) passed both! (got a 96 and 100 respectively) and...........I turned 18!!!!!!......AND!!!!!!!! I got my full drivers license! FINALLY!!!!!! It's been such a fun time driving around by myself in our brand new, used Ford Taurus!...such a feeling!

May 13th I got a new cousin! His name is Gage Michael Banker 20 1/4 inches and 7.7 pounds - born May 13, 2009 @ 5:30 am (stole this picture from cousin Julie)
Isn't he cute!!!!!!

May 23-26th was NEXT...traveling up to Baltimore was so much fun, I've never been to Maryland so I got to see the Pentagon and the Lincoln Memorial and some other important buildings...I've always wanted to go to D.C. and now I have...sort of...one day I am going to go back there and go see all the sights and the historical stuff...but NEXT was amazing...just gotta say that. Here's some pics...these are from the drive up to NEXT:
The Stage
The T-shirt side of the BookstoreWe stopped in Chapel hill for dinner at Franklin St. Pizza & Pasta and on the way to find the restaurant, I saw this beautiful sunset!
So that's pretty much it...oh yeah! I almost forgot...I found out something that's so amazingly cool! Mom was reading this book: It's called "They Call Me Mother Graham ~ The Power of Christ in a Home" by Morrow Coffey Graham...Billy Graham's Mother. On page 17 she writes, "I have always lived just a few miles from the site of my birth. In a day and age when people move around so much, that's quite unusual, I know. I was born February 23, 1892, right on the farm in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. I was country-bred and country-raised. I can trace my ancestry to the Scottish pioneers who settled in the Carolinas before the Revolutionary War. One of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, Ezra Alexander, was a relative, as was President James K. Polk."Well, as most of you know, I am also related to James K. Polk. My Granny has our family history written down and has traced it back far enough to discover that President James Knox Polk is a distant cousin of mine. Which means.......that I am ALSO related to Billy Graham!
And the really funny thing is....my dad once sang in a choir with George Beverly Shea (who recently turned 100 years old) at a Billy Graham Crusade!!!How fun is that!? Anyway...thats all for now, sorry for the length of my post =)

No comments: