Monday, May 11, 2009

Songs from Rekindle ~ Part 1

This song was probably my favorite of all the songs we sang at Rekindle 2009, every time I hear this song it makes me realize how great my need for a Savior is...without him the conquest cannot be won, the strength of sin is not subdued, and my relentless sin is not broken...but because of His great love...it's all possible, sin is defeated, and I am clean.
Sinner's Plea
Chris Flanigan

To know Thee and feel Thee mine
I will not quit my claim
Until all is lost in Thine
and all renewed I am
To hold Thee with trembling hand
But will not let Thee go
Steadfast by faith I stand
And all thy goodness know
And in me sacred fire might now begin to glow
Burn the dross of base desire and make the mountains flow

Your Love Lord! Can the conquest win.
The strength of sin subdue, and Christ be all to me
Break my relentless sin
And form my soul anew so Christ be all to me

No longer my heart shall mourn
While purified by grace
And for His glory burn
and always see His face
And shall I see the hour that plants my God in me
Spirit of life and power, and perfect liberty

Your Love Lord! Can the conquest win.
The strength of sin subdue, and Christ be all to me
Break my relentless sin
And form my soul anew so Christ be all to me

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love, love, love that song.

Emily S. said...

i totally agree. this was my favorite song from Rekindle, too. :)

Joy. said...

I absolutely LOVE this song.

Chelsea said...

Your blog ROCKS, Chelsey!