Friday, June 26, 2009

Back in America

Well, I'm sitting here in the lobby of a hotel across from the El Paso airport. Today has been filled with many hugs and tears. Marissa, Amy and I cried all the way from the ranch to El Paso...and it's hard now to keep the tears from falling. This was probably the best week of my life. I've only been away from the Ranch for a few hours and already I miss it and the kids more than anything else. My heart breaks because I am away from them and to tell the truth, I am almost dreading the normalcy that is home, work, and life in general in America. I cannot wait to see my parents and my friends...but I think my heart will always be at Rancho 3M. There are so few distractions and to see God in the eyes of these children, and especially to be a part of Caesar's conversion last night, will be with me forever and I hope to make many trips back to the Ranch in the future. Well, I should sign off for now and get some sleep in order to be awake at 6 for the flight home. I will post pictures soon(I have 671 of them lol)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you had fun and I can't wait for pics of those sweet sweet kids there!
see you tomorrow!!

Marissa said...

*sniff sob* Today is a very hard day . . . I want to be back at the Ranch - I miss seeing you every day. I miss our laughs, our tears, and our biblical fellowship.

Check your email sometime this week . . . and email me. I wanted to ask you about something.

We need to set something up where we get together once a week or something - this is just so strange not seeing you!

Em Joy said...

Sounds like you had a life changing time. It was really hard for me not to go. You have no idea how much I wanted to go this year. But, I didn't decide fast enough and was too late. And, of all opportunities, how exciting to be able to share Christ with little children!

Anyways, I'm so happy that my friends got to go though :) I can't wait to see all your pictures!