Wednesday, April 21, 2010

CALL FOR HELP!

Hey everyone...I know the 2 of you who read my blog are reading intently now :)

This Saturday, I'm walking to find a cure for ALS. After I watched my Granddad suffer through ALS in his last few months, this cause became close to my heart. Thank you for helping me reach my Walk to Defeat ALS(TM) fundraising goal of $75! This is an exciting opportunity for us to work together to support those affected by Lou Gehrig's Disease and to spread awareness of the urgency to find treatments and a cure.

Please consider walking with me or sponsoring me. With your help, we will be able to make a difference in the lives of people affected by this disease. I encourage you get your friends, family, neighbors and coworkers involved!

I recently accepted the challenge of participating in The ALS Association's Walk to Defeat ALS. The ALS Association is the only non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehrig?s Disease on every front. By leading the way in global research, providing assistance for people with ALS through a nationwide network of chapters, coordinating multidisciplinary care through certified clinical care centers, and fostering government partnerships, The Association builds hope and enhances quality of life while aggressively searching for new treatments and a cure. I am asking you to help by supporting my fund-raising efforts with a donation.



Why We Need Your Help

Often referred to as Lou Gehrig's Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive, fatal neuromuscular disease that slowly robs the body of its ability to walk, speak, swallow and breathe. The life expectancy of an ALS patient averages 2 to 5 years from the time of diagnosis.

Every 90 minutes a person in this country is diagnosed with ALS and every 90 minutes another person will lose their battle against this disease. ALS occurs throughout the world with no racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic boundaries.

This crippling disease can strike anyone. Presently there is no known cause of the disease though support is bringing researchers closer to an answer. In the mean time it costs an average of $200,000 a year to provide the care ALS patients need. Help make a difference and donate or join a walk today

please visit my personal fundraising page and help us out! i have to raise money by this saturday and any amount would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/NorthCarolinaWalk?px=2674303&pg=personal&fr_id=6250

No comments: