Friday, February 4, 2011

God at UNCC...C4 and M28

So recently, I've started going to C4 on Sunday nights. C4 is a college campus ministry at UNCC. I'm still going to Mission28 but I heard about C4 and thought I'd check it out. It's pretty awesome. I feel like this semester is going to be super cool...God's really moving and I can't wait to see what is gonna go down.
The C4 Campus ministry says, "We are a community of faith, hope & love, who are CALLED to CONNECT college students & young adults with the love & majesty of Jesus Christ, while being CATALYSTS of COMPASSION to UNC-Charlotte & all of the campuses throughout the greater Charlotte metropolitan area."
I was talking with my dad about C4 and he sort of laughed and said "every time you say that I think of plastic explosives." But he checked them out and thought they were pretty cool. One night after I came home, he handed me this piece of paper with the definition of C4(the plastic explosive kind) and told me to think about the definition with Christianity in mind.
C4:
  • easily molded into desired shape
  • pressed into gaps
  • fills voids
  • easily inserted into any space
  • stable
  • insensitive to most physical shock
  • exploded by an external source
  • used to start fires and to warm daily food

Wow...yeah that's awesome. I love the one that says "insensitive to most physical shock"...to me that reminds me that as a Christian, the outside world cannot get to me. I kind of laughed at the last one, to me it seemed like the individual definitions were building up and then all of a sudden "warm daily food" and I was like whaaat?! but then I realized...my daily bible reading...hunger for knowledge of God...yeah okay that makes a lot of sense. So yeah I just totally thought that was awesome.Mission 28 is going really well, Jon Shea has done a great job in taking over and his passion is to train students to know God’s Word, follow it and proclaim it on the campus of UNCC. So we're currently doing a study called "Rooted" about theology. Last night Joe Lechner did an awesome job on the doctrine of Christ. So I'm super excited to see what God is up to, because you can tell that He's moving and I can't wait to be a part of what he's going to do on UNCC and in Charlotte and in my own life. Really looking forward to Rekindle this year!!!! Can't wait!!!

If you want to check out either of these two college ministries, check out their websites...
http://c4charlotte.com/fr_home.cfm
http://mission28.com/

No comments: