Sunday, March 6, 2011

please pray for us this week...

This week 100 (give or take) college students will be traveling to Laguna Beach, Florida for a spring break trip. This trip is called Rekindle (for those who have never heard of it before) and we don't spend the week partying and drinking and going crazy like some do, we spend the week hanging out, worshiping and studying God, and having a great time (oh and lots of food). Rekindle is an incredible trip and lives are always changed by it. I have a feeling that this Rekindle won't be any different...in fact, I believe that God is going to rock our world this week. I believe that through everything that's been happening in my life lately, I think that God has been preparing me for what's about to happen this week. I wanted to ask my readers and fellow bloggers if you would join me in prayer for this week.
Please pray for:
  • All of the college students who are going. I know that there are a few unbelievers taking this journey with us as well as a few who need to be "rekindled" and those who are completely confident in their faith. Just pray that we would all hear exactly what God wants us to hear and that we would have open hearts so that God can do a work in us no matter our walk. Pray that we would meet God.
  • All of the leaders and interns. Joe, Jon, Mickey, Rannon, Cait, Anna, Chris (and I don't know who all else). That God would use them for great things and that God would give them the words that need to be spoken...the words that we need to hear.
  • The weather. Please pray for nice weather :)
  • Health. The Rekindle Plague is epic...please pray that this year we would all stay healthy. Also pray that no one gets hurt.
  • Travel. Please pray for our HUGE bus and several vans that we take that you would protect each vehicle in travel and keep us all safe on the way down and back.
Also as a side note...please pray for me. I'm a lot more involved in the workings of Rekindle than in previous trips so I would greatly appreciate your prayers that God would use me and work through me to accomplish his purpose and plan. I'm excited to see what's going to happen this next week. Thank you so much for your prayers! I will be back by the end of the week with many stories and pictures I'm sure.

No comments: