Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You and God...


I saw something amazing the other night...an handful of college students became prayer warriors. At the C4 Mid-Week Worship night, God moved in such a powerful way...the Spirit was moving in every one of us. Tyson's words that night were simple yet powerful and meaning-filled and sparked a response that I've never seen before. We all prayed together but then were just moved to begin praying in groups...it's the longest Mid-Week yet...and even after we dismissed...none of us wanted it to end. It reminded me so much of the Revival at Asbury College in 1970...it started off a simple worship meeting and by the end, we were all praying and confessing sin and sharing testimonies...it was so powerful. I'm so glad that God is moving and I'm so excited to see what is to come...because I know he's not done working with us, in us, or through us...and it excites me!

I want God to do great things in MY life...not just in others lives or on the campus...in MY life. But I keep doing the same things over and over again and hoping for God to show up in a different way. You have to go somewhere different if you want God to meet you in a new way. How badly do you want to go somewhere you've never been (in life and in your relationship with God)? - In order to go where you've never gone you have to do something you've never done. God wants to meet you...he wants to meet me...in a new way...and he wants us to be willing to do anything for him...for another glimpse at his majesty.

No comments: