Sunday, January 1, 2012

Weary World

The last few weeks, Christmas songs have been heard non-stop on radios, in stores...everywhere you go...most of the time I don't think anything of them. For whatever reason though, this year one line stuck out to me. "The weary world rejoices". I'm not really sure why it stuck out...but the concept of a weary world rejoicing just spoke to me.

I like to stay busy...and sometimes (more often than I like to admit) I get weary. I can't tell you how many times I have dragged myself to church just barely able to hold my head up...and walked out feeling as refreshed as if I had slept for an entire day.

The world we live in today is so fast paced, so demanding, and so on the go that we don't often take the time for anything. We just keep going and keep pushing until our bodies can't take it anymore. I look around me and I don't see joy...I see weariness.
Isaiah 40:28-31 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
One day the world will know...they will hear...and they will rejoice, because He is the only one who can take away our weariness. When we rejoice...he renews our strength...even when we don't think we can go on...when we rest in him, he will give us joy. One day, the weary world...the entire weary world...will rejoice. What a day that will be!

No comments: