Sunday, February 26, 2012

Countdown to Rekindle 2012

7 days until Rekindle!!!
 
Rekindle 2010: Session 6 - Our Boast: Knowing God by Tyler LeVan
Jeremiah 9:23-24 Thus says the LORD: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD.” 
  • What we love to boast in:
    • Wisdom
      • I know
    • Might
      • I'm able
    • Riches
      • I have
    • How have you forgotten God? How could you give yourself to wisdom or might or riches instead of God?
  • What does God say about our boasting?
    • Knowing God
      • Boast in me
      • Find yourself in me
      • Find your security in me
      • Find your identity in me
    • A life boasting in God
      • Why should we boast only in God?
        • All other ground is sinking sand!
          • They don't last
          • Mark 8:36
        • There is no one like Him!
          • Isaiah 55:9
        • Can you...
          • speak things into existence?
          • tell waves to stop?
          • exist outside of time?
        • God creates and God redeems
          • 1 Corinthians 4:7
        • He is our only hope
  • How do I get there?
    • Repent
    • Spiritual Disciplines
      • Pray
      • Read
      • Fast
    • Fellowship
  • Application:
    • What one or two changes do I need to make so I can know God on a deeper level? What is going to be a part of daily life now so that I am different a year from now?
      • Tip 1: Setting goals are good and needed. However, after a week like this it is very easy to be high conviction and low commitment. So make your goals reasonable. For example, if you have never read the Bible, then you are probably not going to read the whole thing next week. Realistically speaking, you could aim for a chapter or two a day. If you fall short, get back on the horse and ask God for strength. If you go beyond your goal, praise God! Now keep going.
      • Tip 2: Find a Bible verse related to your goal. Write the verse on a note card and take it with you everywhere you go. Expose yourself to that truth as much as possible.
    • What one or two sins has God put His finger on that I need to repent of? What are some steps to seeing this sin die in my life?
      • Tip 1: Holy Spirit
      • Tip 2: Bible
      • Tip 3: Open yourself up to others
    • Am i walking our the Christian life in community?

No comments: