Saturday, March 3, 2012

Countdown to Rekindle 2012

1 day until Rekindle!!!
REKINDLE IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rekindle 2011: Session 6 - Stand For Christ by Jon Shea

M28 is a ministry all about the FAME of Jesus Christ. We want students on our campus to Know Christ, Follow Christ, and Proclaim Christ.
  • Broken Mirrors
    • What is our primary motivator for evangelism?
John Piper - "Missions exist because worship doesn't."
    • How do view the people around you?
  • One Desire - Isaiah 26:8
    • What is the primary desire of God's people?
    • Do you care if Christ is famous on campus?
  • The Mega Phone - 1 Peter 2:9-10
    • What is the primary task of God's people?
    • Do you proclaim Christ?
  • Application
    • Have you taken ownership of Mission 28?
      • "I want to take ownership...by Chelsey on Feb 16, 2011
        So I've been noticing lately that I've been doing a terrible job at reaching out to people within Mission 28, and it saddens me that it's become a routine to me. I go and I hang out with the same people, I sing, I sit and listen to the message, and then hang out with the same people, and then go home. I notice that there is a lot of that going on lately too. It has really pricked a chord in my heart tonight and I've been really convicted...thinking back to how I felt the first time I ever went to a Big Meeting...how overwhelming it seems to walk into a place where everyone knows each other and no one knows me.

        I feel like God is calling me to start making a difference...start changing the way I walk into Mission 28. If I want to see change in Mission 28, If I want to see God move in Mission 28, I've got to first change my own heart and start doing what God wants me to do before anything is going to happen within the whole of the group. I made the connection tonight...I don't have to be an intern to reach out to people, I just have to have a desire in my own life. The interns can't do it all...they can't reach out to everyone...it's up to me to take ownership and start living my life like a light. I want to reach out to people I don't know, talk to people throughout the week, greet new people as they come in, hang out with different people. I think if I really step up to do what God is calling me to do, then Mission 28 is going to look totally different to me. I think it will re-ignite the fire in my heart and hopefully, it will spread to everyone in Mission 28 and on UNCC campus...I want to take ownership of Mission 28 and start living my life more on fire for God. Change has to start within my own heart and life. "Be the change you want to see in the world." ~ Ghandi
    • What is one thing you are going to do practically to make evangelism a priority in your life?

No comments: