Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Flash of Light

Lightning: A flash of light in the sky caused by an electrical discharge between clouds or between a cloud and the Earth's surface. The flash heats the air and usually causes thunder. Lightning may appear as a jagged streak, as a bright sheet, or in rare cases, as a glowing red ball.


I don't know if you are anything like me or not but typically I don't give lightning a second thought...if I do it's probably something like "crap it's going to rain" or "I should really get inside before it hits one of the bazillion trees in my yard" or something like that. I don't think about it much to say the least.


Anyway, I was driving home from a church meeting tonight and was just blown away...there was a spectacular display of lightning out there tonight. It just really struck me tonight how something as simple as an electrical discharge between clouds and earth screams out the praise of God. It was just a wonderful reminder of how awesome our God is.


I don't really even know what I'm trying to say except our God is great and it doesn't take much to realize it. Everything from the freckles on your shoulders and the blue of your eyes (or green or brown or hazel) to the simplicity and complexity of nature, it's all God's handiwork and every moment of our day we should be so amazed and in awe of him that we can't help but praise him.


Take some time just to marvel at what he has done...from the perfect strokes of the colors at sunset to the flash of lightening to the roll of thunder to the way a flower blooms...the beauty of nature on your drive to work or the sounds of it in the morning when you wake up...the sounds of children playing or an awesome worship CD...realize that everything in your life has been touched by the hand of God. That thought alone is enough to brighten my day and refocus me when I get frustrated with work or scheduling. Take time. Remember who he is.


All this from lightning...who knew?

No comments: