Tuesday, October 9, 2012

...

I'm so sorry we've been AWOL! It's been a super busy last few weeks! Em and I just got home from M28's first Fall Retreat....it was amazing. I'll try to write more on that later...and catch up on a few Big Meetings.

What I wanted to share today is something God put on my heart as I was driving home from helping out a former teacher. You never know the impact you make on someone's life. As a Christian, we stand out...it's obvious that there is something different about us because our lives don't make sense to non-believers. You don't always have to specifically share the gospel with someone...you just have to live your life. (Not to take away the importance of sharing the gospel because you absolutely need to do that...I'm just saying that the way we live our lives is often one of the biggest ways to share God with people.)

Anyway, I was driving home and passed CPCC Cato Campus, where I went to college. Mr. Ray - the head of security, came to mind as I saw the school. Day after day I would pass him on campus, smile and say hey. Our interactions weren't usually more than that. Somewhere towards the end of my time there, it was just a normal day, I was early to class as usual and sitting in the hallway reading a book. Mr Ray came up to me and just looked at me and said, "It's so obvious that you have Jesus in your life. Always keep him at the center and never stop smiling. You'll change lives with that smile." It brings tears to my eyes now. God does so much through us that we aren't even aware of. Mr. Ray is really special to me now because he spoke into my life in a time that I wasn't working on my spiritual life as much as I should have. God used him in my life to set my focus back where it needed to be.

All this to say...pray for God to use you. You never know if a simple smile or a few words can speak into someone's life. Listen to what he is calling you to do and go do it. Just go. Live every day in obedience to Him...every interaction you have is a divine appointment...it has eternal importance. (Even if it seems random or unimportant) God will use you.

No comments: