Monday, January 21, 2013

What have I been doing lately? It's obviously not blogging...

I feel like I have been writing these "I'm sorry, we've been so busy" posts more often than not. It really is true though! I promise I'm not just sitting around watching Netflix. I actually worked 62 hours last week! Doing what? you might ask. Well...since you asked so nicely, I'm going to post the letters I've been sending out...

Hey! Hope you’re doing well! Anyway, Just wanted to write and share that this next semester, I have the opportunity to serve as an intern for M28, the college outreach ministry of CrossWay Community Church (CWCC) to the campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC). I am writing this to ask you to pray for me and consider supporting me financially as I give the next few months to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ on campus.
 M28 exists to make disciples of Jesus Christ on the campus of UNCC. We believe that a disciple is a person who has responded to the Gospel and given their life to Know Christ, Follow Christ within the community of the local church, and Proclaim Christ in the culture around them. Our mission to make disciples is accomplished through a weekly campus-wide meeting every Thursday; bi-weekly discipleship groups within the context of the local church; weekly evangelistic open discussions in the dorms; and an annual Spring break conference, as well as numerous outreach oriented events throughout the school year.
 During my time at CPCC I was a part of M28 and I’ve been a part of CWCC for most of my life. Through the past few years, I’ve watched Christ transform lives through this ministry, calling people from the bondage of sin to follow Him. Over the past 4-5 years I have been heavily involved in M28 and it is my joy and privilege to now serve this ministry full time. As an intern I will be required to work 50 hrs. a week and will officially be employed by CWCC. Interning with M28 will enable me to evangelize lost students through personal relationships, see new and young believers established in their walk, and see committed students equipped for the mission of making disciples. I will also help with planning, administrating and leading our outreach meetings and events. This coming spring semester, I must raise $5,000 for my salary. Would you prayerfully consider partnering with M28 as you help support me financially in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the campus of UNCC? Whether you are able to invest a one-time gift or a monthly pledge of $10, $25, $50, $100, or any other amount, your support will enable me to put my full attention on serving as an intern. All checks should be made payable and mailed to “Crossway Community Church” with [Intern Support Fund – Chelsey Miracle] in the memo to receive the proper tax deduction. Please note that CWCC has full discretion over all monies that go into their Intern Support Fund. If you desire to support me, please fill out the attached support slip and mail it to Crossway. Thank you so much for prayerfully considering this partnership. I am in great need of your prayers this coming semester. Pray for strength, wisdom, discernment and boldness for me, and that the Lord will use M28 for His Glory! Also pray for the students on campus as we seek to reach out and share with them. I look forward to speaking with you soon and answering any questions that you may have. For more information on M28, visit www.M28Charlotte.com.
 Thank you in advance for your prayers!
How cool is that? I get to share the gospel for a living!! I'm super excited about it! Admin-wise, I'm in charge of communications, basically that means that I make sure everyone knows what is going on each week through Facebook, Twitter, and making sure all the people in charge are on the same page too. I communicate with UNCC a lot and this past week I got to write a letter that they sent out to all the students who are interested in campus ministries. It's been a lot of admin work so far but I like that kind of stuff so it's been fun. I wrote an update letter on the 12th that says:
Dear Friends and Family,
 So much has happened since I wrote you last! It honestly seems like forever ago that I sat down to send out all of those letters. I hope you guys are all doing well! Hard to know where to start…even though it’s only the 12th, it’s been 12 of the busiest days of my life! The first 4 days of January, I was at a conference in Atlanta, Georgia called Passion. 60,000 college age(18-26) kids all gathered together over these 4 days to worship together, learn together, and most importantly to raise awareness about human trafficking and modern day slavery. Currently there are 27 million slaves around the world and together we raised over $3 million to put an end to slavery. We helped fund 19 causes that work to rescue and restore people who are enslaved and to prevent kids from becoming trapped in the cycle. We also helped launch the End It Movement…a 4 month campaign to raise awareness across the world. If you’re interested in more information check out enditmovement.com and you can sign the petition to end slavery.
 The rest of the week was spent listening to amazing teachers such as John Piper, Louie Giglio, Francis Chan, and Beth Moore. I couldn’t even begin to describe all that I learned…but I did walk away with 46 pages of notes!!! I think my favorite thing was Family Groups…we broke down into community groups of about 4000-6000 people and then broke down into groups of 8 people called family groups. The 8 of us spent every morning and evening together talking and praying…it was humbling and encouraging and I didn’t know that you could grow so close to a group of people in just a few short days. Worship was absolutely amazing as well! Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Lecrae, Christy Nockels, Kristian Stanfill, David Crowder and so many more did a fantastic job leading us in worship. I will never forget the roar of 60,000 voices. Anyway, the first week of intern life is drawing to a close! The other interns and I have done so much this week it’s crazy! Justin, Turner, Wesley, Aly and I have all been hard at work to plan opening events as well as working hard on our upcoming spring break trip- to Florida. We started off on Wednesday with our Hot Chocolate booths. Pretty simple, we handed out hot chocolate and invited people to our Coffee House event the next day. We got to hang out with some students that afternoon as well. Thursday, Aly and I cleaned the intern office from top to bottom, Wes fixed the ceiling tiles, Turner made an awesome sign, and Juice(Justin…don’t ask why we call him Juice…I don’t really know but no one calls him Justin)…well…he was our entertainment. Our Coffee House was amazing! We had SO many people that came and hung out with us. We had free food and drinks (coffee among other things), games and fantastic music. I met a bunch of new people!! I spent a lot of time with 2 girls: Jasmine and Dominique this week. We met both of them at the Coffee House and they are both really sweet and want to get involved. Jasmine said she is going to try to come to our spring break trip and Dominique wants to start meeting one on one with me every week.
 Community Groups and Big Meetings start up this week! It’s going to be a great semester and students are going to hear the gospel afresh throughout the next few weeks. We’re also gearing up for our spring break trip called Anthem! It’s been so much fun trying to plan games and food and even try to figure out how big a room is based on how tall a guy on a ladder is (yes, we could have called the place but that is way too easy).
 It sounds like a ton of admin and planning…and it is…but it’s really about the people….reaching out and getting to know people. Over the next 15 weeks of the semester, I’m really looking forward to meeting even more people and developing lasting relationships and growing together with the girls on campus.
 For me, God has definitely been working on my prayer life…and the depth of my study life. I feel like I’ve grown so much closer to God in the last few weeks and the semester has barely begun. I can’t wait to see what he’s going to challenge me on this year.
 There’s so much to get done and so much to pray for. I really want to ask you to be praying for each of us in the coming weeks. Pray for Jon as he pastors us, pray for the interns as we try to get everything done, pray for our community groups and big meetings that they would be successful in reaching people on campus, and overall just pray for the campus. We can’t do this without your faithful prayers!!! Also, thank you for supporting me thus far. I have currently raised $2,700 of my $5,000 salary, which leaves me only $2,300 left to raise for my full support. In these next few months, I am excited to see God provide as he has so faithfully in the past. Would you prayerfully consider giving to help me meet this goal? All checks should be made payable and mailed to “Crossway Community Church” with [Intern Support Fund – your name] in the memo to receive the proper tax deduction. Please note that CWCC has full discretion over all monies that go into their Intern Support Fund. If you desire to support me, please fill out the attached support slip and mail it to CrossWay. Thank you for partnering with me in sharing the gospel! 
So anyway, as you can see...it's been a busy last few days. I'm still processing the messages from Passion and working on those to get them on here as soon as I can...I promise I'm working on them every spare little moment. Please feel free to ask me any questions that you may have about any of this, I'm more than willing to talk to you!! Be blessed! - Chelsey

No comments: